Put Things Bright Background

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Making Connections

There is nothing I love more at camp than seeing Campers and Buddies getting to know each other.  Watching them make that initial connection and develop their bond throughout the week is what I believe this camp is all about.



Each week this summer, I have been privileged to witness these moments as I pass through the campsite and from behind the lens of the camera.  Sorting through the pictures each evening often brings tears to my eyes.  Seeing these teenage Buddies giving 100% of themselves to their Camper, and seeing our Campers trust and love their Buddies, is truly something beautiful.




Our volunteers are simply amazing.  Whenever I tell my friends about this program and they find out that teenagers are providing care for an individual with special needs they are often surprised.  Once they see our Buddies in action, they are inspired and amazed.  I know from first hand experience how life-changing this experience can be, and I love that I can watch our Campers and Buddies experience that feeling week after week.






Have you been touched by what you've seen or experienced out here?  Leave us a comment telling everyone how much it means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment